Rules & Guidelines
There are a few rules intended to help create a fun and safe time for everyone.
- Participants must be 12 years-old or older on race day in order to participate. Younger than 12 can only participate with a parent or legal guardian with them on the course at all times.
- Participants must wear the provided Viking Challenge bib number clearly shown on the front. No participant will be allowed to race without an official bib number.
- Several videographers and photographers are stationed along the course. Participants agree to allow the event organizer to use any pictures or video footage of the event for future promotional purposes. Waiver signed by all gives permission to use your picture on any and all promotional purposes for the Viking Challenge.
- Urinating or defecating on or anywhere near the course is strictly prohibited.
- Registration is closed when the maximum capacity is reached.
- You enter and participate at your own risk. Your safety and that of everyone at The Viking Challenge is of most concern. Do not attempt an obstacle that you feel is unsafe.
- The Viking Challenge medical volunteers, EMT's and paramedic personnel may examine any participant who appears to be injured or suffering. The medical personnel may remove any participant from the event if in the opinion of the medical personnel the participant needs to be removed. First aid is provided but additional necessary medical attention is the responsibility of the participants.
- Participants assume all responsibility for all medical expenses incurred as a result of training and/or participating in the Viking Challenge, including but not limited to hospitalization, ambulance transportation or physician services.
- The event organizers reserve the right to cancel or delay the race due to severe weather or in the event of a disaster.
- Participants should dress appropriately for the weather conditions and run.